Effective Date: January 1, 2019
- To view Premier’s Notice of Privacy Practices click here.
- To view Premier’s Terms and Conditions click here.
- To view Premier’s Subsidiaries click here.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- online, through our websites, mobile applications, social media pages,
- offline, in connection with sales, marketing, partner and supplier engagement,
- from third party sources, including ad networks and lead brokers, and
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We may obtain personal information through the Services. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you or for others (e.g. principals in your business);
- information used to create your online account (such as username, password and security questions and answer);
- biographical and demographic information ( such as date of birth, age, gender, job title/position, marital status and dependent, spousal and other family information);
- purchase and customer service history;
- financial information (such as payment information, including name, billing address and payment card details (i.e., card number, expiration date and security code); bank account information; financial statements; income and credit score);
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- other personal information contained in content you submit to us.
In addition, we may obtain government-issued ID numbers and Tax ID numbers, such as US Social Security numbers.
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and Services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Services.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our Services;
- process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- communicate about and administer our Services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- conduct and facilitate surveys, contests, focus groups and market research initiatives;
- perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks);
- provide customer support;
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our Services (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our tools/resources and Services; developing new Services);
- performing accounting, auditing, payment processing, billing, reconciliation;
- detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches;
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Services, network information systems, information resources and employees; and
- for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent.
We may combine personal information we obtain through Services with other information for the purposes described above. We may aggregate or anonymize personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by laws applicable to us.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information collected through the Services may be shared for and with the following purposes:
- We may share with our affiliates and subsidiaries to provide joint content and Services; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and, to guide decisions about our products, sites, applications, services, tools, and communications.
- We may share your personal information to service providers under contract to perform services on our behalf (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, removing repetitive information from customer lists, software development, providing customer support, email delivery, marketing communications, bill collection, payment processing, site analytics and business operations).
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, law or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with such legal process, to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, to protect your safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or otherwise with your consent.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, liquidation or sale of business or assets we may share personal information collected from and about users to one or more third parties involved in such transaction. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection that Premier provides with respect to the information we share.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through the Services. However, you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. While we endeavor to safeguard your personal information please take steps to prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information. You can do this by, for example selecting and protecting your password appropriately, limiting access to your device and browser and signing out of your account at the end of your session.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we retain the personal information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize the personal information you provide to us if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We offer the ability for you to update your personal information preferences, limit the communications you receive from us or submit a request by contacting the Privacy Team at PremierPrivacy@PremierInc.com.
If you ever decide to terminate your use of the Services and wish to delete your account, you may do so by contacting the Privacy Team at the email address above.
We may send various marketing promotions, offers, invitations and other communications to you about our Services, special offers and promotions or invitations to our events. If at any time you no longer wish to receive such special offers or promotions, you can unsubscribe at the following link: https://www.premierinc.com/email-preference-center.
We may use vendors to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. You may exercise choice over how information about your interests is used by ad networks to deliver you relevant advertising for products and services available from us. To learn how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising in the United States, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/.
In certain circumstances, you may: (1) access certain personal information we maintain about you; (2) request that we update, correct, amend, erase or restrict how we use your personal information; or (3) ask for a copy of your personal information to be sent to a third party. You may also withdraw consent you previously provided to us or object at any time to the processing of your personal information for a particular purpose. We will take reasonable steps, where appropriate under the laws applicable to us, to honor your requests and apply your preferences on a go-forward basis.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Third-Party Cookies and Third-Party Advertising
Social Media Plug Ins
On certain webpages of our Services, we may include social media plugins, such as the Facebook “like” button or Twitter “share” button. When you visit a page that displays one or more these plug ins, your browser will establish a direct connection to the social media server to load the plug in. If you are logged into your social media account when you access these pages, the social media site may collect certain Activity Data, such as your IP address. If you wish to prevent this, please log out of your social media accounts before visiting our Services. Clicking a button may also lead to a collection of certain Activity Data, such as your IP address. If you wish to obtain more information about social plugins, please visit the social media sites’ privacy policies.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (“DNT”) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including our Services, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information of children under the age of 13 via the Services. If we become aware that a child has provided Premier with personal information without prior parental consent, we will remove all information provided by such underage user from our database.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents have a right to request an information-sharing disclosure from a business to which they have provided Personal Information and which has disclosed the information to any third party for third party direct marketing uses in the prior calendar year. If you are a California resident, you may send such request by emailing us at PremierPrivacy@PremierInc.com with the subject line “California Privacy Rights”. Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
Changes in this policy will be posted on this page so that you may always be aware of what information is being collected, how it is being used, and under what circumstances it is being disclosed. If we make material changes that would impact your use of the Services or your privacy, we will endeavor to notify you of the changes prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice directly on the Services, by sending an email notification (if you have provided your email address to us), or by any other reasonable method.